Thursday, June 18, 2009

Furry and Not So Furry Backyard Friends


009
Originally uploaded by soltar.geo
This is Chippy. Excuse the busted feeder. I had it up on a pole by the porch and it fell over and shattered in a wind storm .

I was sitting on the deck steps yesterday and something came up and sat next to me. I just saw a flash out of the corner of my eye. At first I thought it was Chippy. One of our dogs was out there with me, and she is a Rat Terrier, so I didn't want to call much attention to a tasty morsel..uh I mean a tiny chipmunk.. at my side IYKWIM!

Turned out it was a bird. It hopped around next to me for a minute. We have loads of those in our backyard. Along with turtles, snakes, squirrels, etc.
My husband said I was animal whispering again!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

What a cute chipmunk. Love how close they get.

BK said...

Perhaps your husband is right that you are animal whispering again. It is amazing how the little ones can so comfortably get so close to you.

National Missing Children

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Pageviews last month

PunchTab - Footer