Thursday, January 8, 2009

Breakfast for Dinner

I was inspired by this recipe and made a modified version Tuesday night.

Huevos Rancheros "Muffins"

First oil your pan!
We have a lot of bread to use up, for some reason the hubby and I both bought bread when we already had some hiding the pantry. I tore out a circle of each slice and placed it in the bottom of the muffin cups. Tear remaining bread into 4 strips. Then mold around the cup. Whole slices of bread tore when I tried to mold it to the cups :( This technique worked much better.

Crack whole egg (not scrambled) into bread cup. I hardly ever get shells in my eggs but if you cook w/ kids crack eggs into a bowl and pour in.

Sprinkle egg with salt and pepper and top with grated sharp cheddar or preferred cheese. Spoon salsa on top.

Bake in oven at about 350. Eggs are done when not runny.
If your pan is oiled these should just pop out after they cool.

The hubby liked them and he does not like eggs.
I served them with leftover garlicky mashed potatoes, sausage, and eggs cooked in the other side of the muffin tin. The sausage got a bit too greasy when cooked. I think next time I will try it w/ bread like the ones above.
We had skillet Cherry "cobbler" w/Death by chocolate ice cream for dessert (except me, being allergic to chocolate the name of this ice cream may ring true!).

The cobbler was really vanilla wafers with cherry pie filling on top and a bit of milk poured over it. Bake then broil top until bubbly.

Wednesday dinner was Spicy Black Eyed Peas cooked in a pressure cooker. They take very little time. Once pressure stage is reached the cooker finishes them in 2, yes I said TWO minutes.
I prefer them in a crockpot though. We also had chicken tenders and skillet browned and then baked cubed red potatoes.

No comments:

National Missing Children

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Pageviews last month

PunchTab - Footer