Saturday, August 2, 2008

Monkey Drama




Well it happened the other day. Monkey who as yet hadn't exhibited quite as much angst as say her younger sister Frog (that is another story...the force is strong with that one) had her first real argument with me. Not so much an argument as a unexpected freakout .

It was over something small, I don't even remember what now. I know it was about something I asked her to do and she had put it off long enough. She snotted saying I nag too much and grandma would never have been as naggy to me as I was to her (ha little does she know!).

I said I only have to nag because she doesn't do what I ask the first time. In the blink of an eye it had escalated to "I hate you, you are not fair, and always mean!" or something to that effect. Before I knew it Monkey had flown out of the room and down the hall to her room. As the house echoed with the sound of her door slamming I was sitting on the couch looking a little bewildered.

Monkey is not as old as some of the other kids in her grade, only almost 11 (these are old pics she sudden;y looks much older!) , but I suppose this new snottiness is to be expected. I have seen it with my troop and I have seen it with other kids that age. Asserting their independence etc. etc. People have been guessing her age at 12 a lot lately. She is in middle school after all. *sigh*. I guess I wasn't expecting her to start growing up so suddenly.


Later she apologized. Dh made her the first time but then when we were alone she apologized for real. I am sure this is not the last time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh nooooooo
It sounds like a normal mother/daughter thing! hugs...
I can't imagine having a preteen!
I have two neices and hear their stories....
I want a girl... but maybe I'll just share others.
Hugs,
em

AudreyO said...

Hi, I'm Audrey. I'm finally getting a chance to read all of the blogs from the bloggy carnival and loving what I'm finding.

What is it about age 11? I swear they go to bed one night as our babies and wake up as hormonal pre teens.

National Missing Children

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Pageviews last month

PunchTab - Footer